Background

Saturday, January 29, 2011

My Turn to Give

Growing up we had a lot of family and friends who were able to help out when my mom was so sick with cancer. Last week I was able to pay it forward and provide some help to one of my dad's sisters.

My aunt Lori has always been a woman I have admired. She is always positive and cheerful. She reminds me what it means to be charitable.

Recently she was diagnosed with cancer and needed to have surgery. Since her husband was out of town I flew up to Tualatin, Oregon to help out. We spent one day in the hospital waiting for the surgery to begin and then the rest of the week waiting for results.

I was able to give back some of what others have given to me by helping my aunt. And it was lots of fun to spend time with her amazing family. She gave me some new recipes and we had some great talks.

I'm so grateful for the time I was able to spend with Lori and her family. It was great to provide some service to Lori. She teaches me so much and is a wonderful woman. Keep her in your prayers and hopefully the next time I visit, we will be able do the P90X yoga and go hiking!

No comments:

Post a Comment