Background

Sunday, January 9, 2011

Fabulous Fondue

For Christmas my parents gave Dan and me a fondue set with the Melting Pot cookbook. The Melting Pot is my favorite restaurant and I have wanted a fondue pot for so long. So when we got it I knew that we would have to try it out.

For the appetizer we had a zesty cheddar cheese fondue. We dipped apples and bread in it and it was exquisite.


After a salad we went onto our main course. We had a Caribbean broth to cook the meat in and we had plenty of food. We had shrimp, lobster, steak, and chicken. Potatoes were added to the broth and they came out wonderfully.


Some of the shrimp were not marinated and the lobster was plain (it's one of my favorite foods). Then half the chicken, steak, and shrimp were marinated in a cilantro lime sauce and the other half were marinated with Caribbean jerk seasoning. We also made a lot of different dipping and sauces and thanks to my grandma we even had real fondue plates!



I have a huge tendency to go overboard for this type of thing and our fondue night was not exception. I think I had three or four pounds of meat for the two of us! We were able to cook the extras and enjoy leftovers for a few days.

The only thing missing from this fabulous fondue dinner was the chocolate dessert. We were so full after eating that we couldn't stand the thought of eating something as rich as a chocolate fondue. But the next time we have fondue it will definitely be chocolate!

No comments:

Post a Comment