Background

Sunday, March 27, 2011

What Boredom Does...

Dan has had so much homework lately. I'm really proud of him because he does so well in school but these past couple weeks it has meant that he goes to school before I get up and comes home after I go to bed.

(Of course, I usually am awake for about 13 hours of the day that doesn't give him much time to work with.)

Anyway, I have been trying to fill my time by reading magazines and books, working on my baby blankets, and watching a lot of TV.

When that started to get old I turned to the kitchen.

Now, I have been following this blog, Bakerella, ever since it first got started. She has become well known for her adorable cake pops. And as an avid blog follower I decided it was about time to try them out.

It's actually surprisingly simple. Mine were supposed to look like mini cupcakes. Even though they didn't quite turn out I thought they were pretty cute.

Basically you just take a cake (I used red velvet), crumble it up and mix it with a can of frosting.


Then when it's well mixed you roll it out into little balls and refrigerate them.


Next, I dipped the bottoms in chocolate...


And the tops in melted candy things I got at the craft store.


Then I decorated them and before you know I had my very own cake pops!


It made a lot.


And a lot.


But they were delicious!


I can't wait to try out different designs!

1 comment: