Background

Monday, March 14, 2011

Vegas Baby!

One of my best friends from high school goes to Vegas pretty much every year for spring break. Since it's only a few hours drive Dan and I decided to meet her and her boyfriend, and her mom there for a few days of fun.

We had tons of fun walking around the strip and spending time in the sun by the pool. Sadly I did not get pictures but it was great to see them!

We also went to Vegas to see my aunt and uncle. We have so much fun with them and this time was no exception.

Besides all the delicious food they cooked up we had fun playing games.

Maria and Daryll love the Pirates of the Caribbean Life game and they go all out. So we had to get a game in.

Take a look at the players.

(Notice the tan line. I didn't think I needed sunscreen in St. George because I was cold. Big mistake. Now I have a farmer's tan just on my right arm since I was on the passenger side. Attractive, huh?)

Anyway, that's me. I was the only landlubber but it didn't stay that way for long...

My attractive husband. He was a pirate hence the eye patch and sword.

Maria was another pirate. Notice that giant bag of loot.


Daryll was Captain Jack Sparrow. Pretty incredible costume.

The rules for their version are a little different and so much more fun. And you get to use real coins that look like they belong in the movie. It's great. I highly recommend playing this game with Maria and Daryll.


Anyway, after a few spins (ok, we were halfway done) I stole Captain Jack Sparrow.


I promise that after putting all this gear on you will start to feel pretty powerful.

Maria ended up winning (she sure knows how to hide that loot!) but we let Dan try the Jack Sparrow hat on and I have to say that we might have our Halloween costumes picked out! He looks pretty great :)


Oh, here is a picture of the treasure chest that stores all this amazing gear. Maria and Daryll go all out for Pirates of the Caribbean and it is funnest game ever!

Thank you Maria and Daryll! We had amazing time!

1 comment:

  1. I didn't even know there was a Pirates version of Life. I think the sun got to you guys a little too much! ;)

    ReplyDelete