Background

Sunday, February 20, 2011

Starting Last Summer...

Last summer Dan was working until really late every night. After a few nights of nothing to do I decided that I needed a new hobby.

So I went to the craft store and bought a book and a few skeins of yarn. Every night I completed a few more rows. And before I knew it, my first baby blanket was completed.


Now, I have to say that this was quite an accomplishment. In high school I tried several times to crochet a blanket and now there is a bin at home that is full of my failed attempts. But this time, I really enjoyed it.

Since then I have completed this purple baby blanket...


And I just finished this adorable pink blanket.


So far, this is most definitely my favorite blanket I have ever worked on. It is so incredibly soft and the hearts are just adorable so I had to post a picture.


The next one I'm working on is by far the most difficult I have ever done. It is labeled as a project for an advanced crocheter (is that a word?). I'm pretty intimidated but I'm hoping it turns out!

If I ever finish it I will for sure post a picture especially since it is a blue baby blanket and I have only done girly blankets.


I'm sure that if I only make girly blankets, I will only have boy babies so I'm switching over to boy baby blankets for a bit.

Also, my grandma and her sisters have made Christmas stockings for all of their kids, in-laws, and grandkids. Grandma taught me how to make them and I made Dan's Christmas stocking this year! And I don't have a picture but I also knitted and crocheted my sisters present which turned out way cute.


Who would have known that an impulse buy last summer could have kept me busy this long?

1 comment:

  1. I am absolutely jealous of your amazing talent. Once I graduate, I'm gonna find myself a hobby too!

    ReplyDelete